Travel enriches the soul. Yes, for those of us fortunate to board planes and exchange time zones, for enticing new smells, spell binding sights and tropical climates, travel indeed can be therapeutic and necessary for regeneration and reinvigorating the creative conscious.
So forgive me for my absence, this year has seen taken me on a sabbatical from my adopted home from home, Dubai, to the rolling plains of the Amazing Grace (any guesses?) to the City that never sleeps and back to Her Royal Highness via the cold land of ice, in search of spiritual cleansing, re-balance and just overall, La dolce far niente "the joy of doing nothing"! But with that said, slowly, work abounds and new ideas have been planted where old ones were put on rinse cycle. I look forward to sharing them with you in the upcoming weeks!
Till then, I'll leave you with 10 of my favorite Travel quotes for your contemplation escape!
1. “When we get out of the glass bottle of our ego and when we escape like the squirrels in the cage of our personality and get into the forest again, we shall shiver with cold and fright. But things will happen to us so that we don’t know ourselves. Cool, unlying life will rush in.” – D. H. Lawrence
2. To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
3. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
4. “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
5. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener
6. “The journey not the arrival matters.” – T. S. Eliot
7. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
8. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
9. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” –Seneca
10. “Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins